Thursday 10 May 2012

Golf Ball: Butterfly on Flower Day 1

Last night, I was reviewing what carving projects I have on the go, and at which stage they were each at. I had two wooden eggs that were drying their first coat of varnish; a golf ball waiting to be painted; a landscape egg I had almost finished carving; a golf ball that was marked and ready to be carved, and two eggs that needed to be sanded. With a heavy sigh, I decided to start sanding the two eggs, and then reward myself with hacking away a bit at the landscape egg and golf ball.

I'm not ready yet to show off the landscape egg. I've finished the carving, but I think I'll wait until it's been sanded and painted before showing it off! I will, however, show what twenty minutes of carving at a golf ball produced:
I know, it's not the best picture. I'm hoping you can begin to see the butterfly taking shape on the top of the golf ball, though. The ultimate plan is for this to be a butterfly with its wings spread out over a flower.

Karen V.
www.etsy.com/shop/thewhittlethings

No comments:

Post a Comment