Wednesday 23 May 2012

Butterfly on Flower... Finished!

Well, except for the varnish, this little guy is all done. Again, I'm sorry I don't have the greatest pictures. I'm using my computer's camera, which isn't the best. However, I think you'll still enjoy the look of this butterfly:

Butterfly on Stand


A close-up of the antennae

The antennae are the only part that are not carved out of the original golf ball. I find antennae are too delicate to carve, and to be perfectly honest, I just don't have the patience to make sure I get them right. Instead, I molded the antennae from black-colored Sculpey clay, and baked them in a 275-degree F oven for five minutes. I used white glue to attach them.

The golf ball stand is homemade, using corkboard, a self-adhesive fake grass tile, and a golf tee. I found both the corkboard and grass at a local dollar store, and the golf tee is from Wal-Mart. I attached the grass to the cork, used an exacto knife to cut the board into squares, and inserted the golf tee into the center of the square. I then used a glue gun to securely attach the tee in place.

~Karen V.
www.etsy.com/shop/thewhittlethings

No comments:

Post a Comment